The Film is Live on Amazon

The film is now streaming live at Amazon.com for $14.99 or $1.99 for instant viewing -- I think that's kinda steep for a documentary, but Amazon sets the initial price, and then it gets discounted.  I will see about putting the film up as a DVD which then can be discounted for streaming video.  But if you want to know what happened to Amelia Earhart's Electra in the words of eyewitnesses who were there when they found it on Saipan of June of 1944, the film is available now. (You can watch it streaming for $10 - click the paypal button on the right side of this page)

I've been working on this project since 1989.  I did my best to make it a feature film with actors, and it may still one day be that.  I then went the route of trying to get this information out through National Geographic and the History Channel.  National Geo did a documentary - a clip is on the panel to the right - where they took the evidence and made a documentary about it.  But they fell short of telling the real story - of what happened to Amelia.

In honor of her birthday, in honor of those veterans who are still alive who told me their story, I'm putting this film into the world.  I apologize to the veterans who've already died after I interviewed them - I had no idea it would take this long.

I fully hope that people will use this research as evidence for their own books, their own documentaries, their own projects.  After all, no one can own the truth.  What happened to Amelia Earhart is tragic, but it doesn't diminish in any way her achievements.  By destroying her plane, the US military did a disservice to her memory and to the Nation as well.  Shame on them for doing so - however, they were in the midst of the greatest conflagration in our nation's history, and decisions were made that soldiers had to live with.  So in the spirit of those soldiers who gave their lives during World War II, I fault no one for covering this information up all these years.

I do fault the media, and the numerous other researchers who let their assumptions, their suppositions rather than the hard facts of eyewitness reports guide their research.  I applaud Fred Goerner who was a reporter who nearly told the entire story back in the 1960's - and he followed his instincts, rather than what he guessed might have happened.  He didn't get all the facts, but he nearly did.

I hope that others will lead an expedition to dig up the plane from its gravesite.  It's not under water, it's under dirt, and it's still there, where these soldiers saw it burned.  I wanted to make that expedition part of this film, alas, it wasn't meant to be. There may be a better, more concise, more well produced documentary to be made from this information - but it's all here; the eyewitnesses, what they say, and the details of what happened to Amelia Earhart's plane.

Without further adieu:  CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE DOCUMENTARY FOR $14.99

Earhart's Electra: Eyewitness Accounts of What Happened to Amelia Earhart's Plane - 70 minutes